Beginner Taxidermy Training Days UK
|Taxidermy Beginner Training Course||Places Available (4 Max)||Date||Price|
|Beginner Bird Taxidermy 3 Day Course||FULL||Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd March 2024||£500|
|Beginner Mammal Taxidermy 3 Day Course||FULL||Friday 12th to Sunday 14th April 2024||£500|
|Beginner Bird Taxidermy 3 Day Course||FULL||Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd June 2024||£500|
|Beginner Bird Taxidermy 3 Day Course||3||TBA*||£500|
|Beginner Mammal Taxidermy 3 Day Course||3||TBA*||£500|
* Dates are confirmed as soon as a course is fully booked in agreement with all students. Deposits are refundable until dates are agreed and confirmed.
Interested? Pay just 50% now to book a place
You can book a place on a course by just paying a 50% deposit now and the remaining 50% to be paid when attending the course (payment by cash, cheque or bank transfer only). The deposit is Refundable at any time until the course date is agreed. Fill in the form below and we'll forward details.
Taxidermy Training 3 Day Training Course Structure
Beginner Taxidermy Training Course for those without any or with little experience
- High quality training in my village studio in Boston Spa, West Yorkshire
- Items used will be jay, jackdaw or French partridge for birds and grey squirrels for mammals as these give the best learning curve for beginners
- Taxidermy & the Law - learn all you need to know (including log sheets and forms)
- Anatomy lesson - clear learning through practical model building and step by step explanations
- Use of measurements - learn how to control all the most common mistakes
- Skinning & Degreasing - you will be shown all the necessary short cuts stage by stage
- Washing & Drying - learn my techniques over 30 years of perfecting
- Making a Manakin - traditional bind-up method is used (the most flexible) and modern carving casting methods shown
- Assembly - stage-by-stage assembly giving the greatest control and simplicity and a procedure to help produce good results across all animals
- Most important of all, Modeling - this most complex area covered in great detail
- Max 4 people with similar stage of achievement to make sure you get full attention and help
- What do you need to bring? - all materials provided so that all you need to bring if you wish is a note book, camera (but no sound or video recorder), and log or any other thing you would like your item to be mounted on
- You take home your finished piece
- Refreshments provided including light lunch for each day of the course
- Start 9.00 am to 5-6pm - flexible to how we are doing
- Finishing techniques including decoration of bases
Important Cancellation Information
By booking, you agree to the following: If you wish to cancel or change dates after dates are confirmed, your deposit will be lost unless we are able to find someone to take your space. If we do fill your space, your deposit will be refunded or used towards the next course as appropriate less an administrative fee of £50. If we do not manage to fill your space, the balance course fee is still payable which you should claim off your own insurance. Any queries, please ring Mike on 01937 844580.
Taxidermy Training Book
If you can't attend or can't wait to attend any of the courses, you can purchase my beginner books on bird taxidermy and small mammal taxidermy. These books are based on my beginner courses.