Beginner Taxidermy Training Days UK
|Taxidermy Beginner Training Course||Places Available (4 Max)||Date*||Price|
|Beginner Bird Taxidermy 3 Day Course||FULL||Friday 18th to Sunday 20th September 2020||£500|
|Beginner Bird Taxidermy 3 Day Course||FULL||TBA*||£500|
|Beginner Mammal Taxidermy 3 Day Course||3||TBA*||£500|
* TBA - Dates are confirmed as soon as a course is fully booked in agreement with all students. Deposits are refundable until dates are agreed and confirmed.
Interested? Pay just 50% now to book a place
You can book a place on a course by just paying 50% now and the remaining 50% to be paid when attending the course (payment by cash, cheque or bank transfer only). This is Refundable until the course date is agreed. Fill in the form below and we'll forward details.
Taxidermy Training 3 Day Training Course Structure
- Beginner Taxidermy Training Course for those without any or with little experience
- High quality training in my village studio in Boston Spa West Yorkshire
- Items used will be jay or jackdaw for birds and grey squirrels for mammals as these give the best learning curve for beginners
- Taxidermy & the Law learn all you need to know (inc log sheets and forms)
- Anatomy lesson clear learning through practical model building and step by step explanations
- Use of measurements learn how to control all the most common mistakes
- Skinning, Degreasing you will be shown all the necessary short cuts stage by stage
- Washing & Drying learn my techniques over 20 years of perfecting
- Making a Mannequin traditional bind up method is used (the most flexible) modern carving casting methods shown
- Assembly stage by stage assembly giving the greatest control and simplicity and a procedure to help produce good results across all animals
- Most important of all Modeling this most complex area covered in great detail
- Max 4 people with similar stage of achievement to make sure you get full attention and help
- What do you need to bring? all materials provided so that all you need to bring if you wish is is a note book, camera (but no sound or video recorder) and log or any other thing you would like your item to be mounted on
- You take home your finished piece
- Refreshments provided including light lunch for each day of the course
- Start 9.00 am to 4.30-5pm flexible to how we are doing
- Finishing techniques including decoration of bases
Taxidermy Training Book included on Mammal Course
If you choose the mammal course, you can purchase a copy of my Beginner Book on Small Mammal Taxidermy for £50. I am also working on a beginner book on Bird Taxidermy. This will be offered at a discount to all students including past students.
Important Cancellation Information
By booking, you agree to the following: If you wish to cancel or change dates after dates are confirmed, your deposit will be lost unless we are able to find someone to take your space. If we do fill your space, your deposit will be refunded or used towards the next course as appropriate less an administrative fee of £50. If we do not manage to fill your space, the balance course fee is still payable which you should claim off your own insurance. Any queries, please ring Mike on 01937 844580.