UK Bird and Small Mammal Taxidermist Mike Gadd
Welcome to my new taxidermy website
I needed a kick to update my site please let me know if anything is missing or wrong.
Featured Taxidermy Birds & Mammals
New Taxidermy Birds & Mammals
Mike Gadd's Taxidermy Achievement's
Mike has 40+ years’ taxidermy experience and started his career at the age of 14 with his own business by the age of 21. He Joined the Guild of taxidermists and after some inspiring lectures from Derick Frampton and Ian Hutchinson his work dramatically improved he say’s he now feels he is halfway up the taxidermy skill ladder and has delusional fantasies of getting to 3/4 of the way up there.
With his great love and interest in wildlife together with his skills as a sculptor, Mike holds an small portfolio of qualifications as follows:
UK Taxidermy Qualifications and Competition Winning Mounts:
- Winner of the Breakthrough Judges Choice Best of Show 2014 (White Gyrfalcon)
- Four Higher/Master Category Credits in Bird Taxidermy – this is the highest possible award a bird taxidermy item can gain in the UK
- Higher Category Credit in Small Mammal Taxidermy – this is the highest possible award a mammal taxidermy item can gain in the UK
- Professional Accredited Member of The Guild of Taxidermists
- Qualified Head Mount Specialist
- Qualified Bird Specialist
- Qualified Master Bird Taxidermist
- Qualified Mammal Specialist
- Three Credits in Freeze Drying
- Winner of the Wagstaffe (best cased item) Trophy three times
- Winner of the UK Bird Competition eight times
- Bird Competition Winner 2013 (Hobby Falcon)
- Bird Competition Winner 2012 (Bald Eagle)
- Bird Competition Winner 2011 (GyrFalcon)
- Bird Competition Winner 2010 (Kookaburra)
- Bird Competition Winner 2009 (GyrFalcon)
- Bird Competition Winner 2008 (GyrFalcon)
- Bird Competition Winner 1999 (Golden Eagle)
- Bird Competition Winner 1992 (Peregrine Falcon)
- Voted Best in Show 1999, 2008, 2009, 2013
- Winner of Best Ground Work 1999, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014
- Many other runner up places
Mike joined the UK Guild of Taxidermists in 1980 and is now a Committee Member of The UK Guild of Taxidermists, the recognized organization supporting taxidermy in the UK.
Mike Gadd also runs dedicated beginner taxidermy training courses and has also written a Beginner Book on Small Mammals This is available at the moment from UKTaxidermy.co.uk at the moment it has free worldwide shipping Mike Is working on a bird book and this will be listed as soon as it is completed.